I've had a tough week at work this past week. -For those of you that don't know, I work at the Front Desk at the Clarion Inn.- The gal that usually works the mornings took a whole 10 days of vacation time. Lucky. But, the story goes that she wasn't going to be able to because all the rest of the employess have school and can't work until the afternoon. Except one, who then agreed to work the whole week for her. The very next day, he gave his 2 weeks. He was out before she even left on her vacation. Bummer. So, I am the only employee that only has school on select days, Tuesdays and Thursdays to be exact. So I was asked to work Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday mornings from 6:00am - 2:00pm. And then, also on Thurday from 6:00am - 9:00am, which gave me just enough time to get to class from 9:30am - 3:45pm. That was a long day. Monday was a piece of cake with it being a holiday. Super slow. Wednesday was okay. Thursday was easy because it was only 3 hours. But Friday. Oh Friday. It was nuts. I woke up slightly frustrated already because of a crazy dream I had the night before and before I could get over that I ran into problems at work. And with just a combination of a million and one things, I texted Tom to declare mt "icky day" status. I finally escaped that nut house, and after helping my mom unload a lawnmower, I headed home. When I walked in the door, I had a most pleasant surprise...
My very favorite song in the whole wide world was playing on our little stereo. I started to tear up right at that moment, before I even closed the door. I looked in the kitchen and saw a big boquet of bright yellow and red flowers.

I found a note in our little love note book that explained what was going on.
"To the woman of my dreams," it started... The flowers were to help brighten my day and that is why he picked such bright colors. The bowl on the table was for me to have some ice cream. And then he told me to go and look at my laptop.
I followed directions and went to find my laptop. It was in the bedroom, along with our TV, hooked up so I could watch I Love Lucy. I love that show!

I turned around and found my side of the bed turned down, with another flower laying on my pillow.

Before I arrived home, Tom had made me promise that I would take a little nap, or at least lay down and rest. So I did just that. I changed out of my work clothes, got my bowl of ice cream, climbed in bed, and watched a great episode of I Love Lucy.
It was just a few of my favorite things, and now I don't feel.... so bad!
I absolutely love my husband. I love him to pieces and then all glued back together again. He's so kind and so patient with me and I can't thank him enough!!
That is so sweet! I'm glad he was able to make you feel better. That's what husbands are for!
ReplyDelete