Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Sea (or Lake) of Blue Shirts

It's kind of old news, but Tom and I went to the Henderson Family Reunion 2011 in June. Friday June 17th to Friday June 24. We had a blast! It was great that both of us were able to get so much vacation time. 1 whole week plus the weekend. Yay!

We ALL (60+ at this little shin dig. Amazing, isn't it?) convene at Ideal Beach Resort in Bear Lake. We go to the beach, boating, water skiing, tubing, play in the pool, play volleyball, ultimate frisbee, bocce ball, baseball, tennis, go for runs, play night games, do crafts, treasure hunts... You name it, we probably did it.



Tom's favorite part of the trip was tubing and playing volleyball. He always likes to be active. But overall he said his favorite part was getting to know my family and little cousins better. He did so well! He was so determined to get to know names that I would quiz him every once in a while.






My favorite part of the trip was being with family and just being able to relax and have fun. Oh, and the lovely walk on the beach with my husband... I used to fantasize about that. Dreams do come true! It was really neat because the lake was SO CALM! It was calmer than I can ever remember seeing it. It sure was pretty. My sister Tavia took an amazing picture of it.



Every year we get new Cobandeh (Children Of Boyd A N D Ethel Henderson) t-shirts in a new surprise color! This year was blue! Monday, when everyone wore it, you could hardly tell us apart from the beautiful lake.



No family picture session is ever complete without the funny face one!



Family time is always fun time. We are looking forward to next year!

1 comment:

  1. I always wondered what COBANDEH meant... I wondered when Cheris wore her shirt(s). Never asked her though. :) Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete