Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Nursery Blues

Happy New Year! It's amazing how the end of 2012 went and the beginning 2013 came so quickly! It was all a blur to us... The students moved in starting on the 4th, so we were deep in prep for a new semester. That, and always always thinking about our little guy keeps me busy.

The biggest weight on my mind.... The Nursery.

It sure isn't easy to "design" a baby's room when one is so incredibly indecisive. Yikes. I like blues, greens, grey, tan, polka-dots, stripes, chevron, owls, planes, bikes... Do you get my drift? I feel like I'll never ever decide.

I think... we will go with this blue, or one similar. Sweet Baby Boy - fitting, no?

This room has a little too much blue... But I really love the color of the walls.

Then, when I think I have the colors/patterns/themes decided, I have to think about bedding... I can't find ANYTHING online or in stores that I like. I'm too picky I guess. So, my solution? Make it, of course. Yeah, that makes perfect sense... a 6 month pregnant woman sewing crib sheets on a machine she has yet to teach herself to use. That's what Pinterest is for, right??

Luckily, I stumbled upon this website that has a lot of different nursery designs from people all over the blogging world. Some are ridiculous, but many are do-able. So now to continue gathering inspiration!

This room I quite like. Blue walls, but lots of other colors and patterns too!

My goal this week: make some final decisions, so we can get STARTED! I'm already starting to feel uncomfortable -don't laugh, I know I'm weak... I need to get started before I can't manage the work anymore.

If you have any bright ideas or helpful suggestions, I'd love to hear them! This first-time mama isn't afraid of a little advice. :)

1 comment:

  1. Tasha! You sweet thing you!! I had no idea you were pregnant:) congrats to you! And a BOY, how exciting! I love my sweet boy oh so much! Cute blog xoxo!

    ReplyDelete